Looking to put a spin on your Thanksgiving desert this year? Check out this recipe!
- 1 ½ cups crushed gingersnap cookies
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- ½ cup butter melted
- 8oz. package cream cheese
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Whipped cream and pecans for garnish
Step by Step:
- Heat oven to 350
- Stir together crushed cookies, pecans, and butter in a bowl. Press into bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9inch spring form pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat together cream cheese, ½ cup sugar and vanilla in a bowl with an electric mixer just until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition. Reserve 1 cup batter, then beat in remaining ¼ cup sugar, the pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice into remaining batter.
- Spread pumpkin batter into crust. Drop reserved 1 cup plain batter by spoonful’s onto top. Swirl with a knife to create a marble effect.
- Bake until filling is jiggly only in the center, 45 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack 15 minutes. Run a knife around edge to loosen; let cool 1 ½ hours more before removing from pan rim. Chill at least 4 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and pecans.
Note: if you have a really good oven 40 minutes baking time will do.